Saturday, August 1, 2009

What exactly is "nappy hair"?

I'm not trying to be funny, this is a serious question - this website is the only place I have come across the expression, until whatever that bloke in the US said it.



.



What exactly is "nappy hair"?

It's a term used to describe Afro American hair--like sheep's wool, so dense and curlycurly you can't sink your fingers into it like you can Anglo hair.



Straight, Anglo-type hair is sometimes called "blow" hair because, obviously, it blows around in the wind if there is any.



What exactly is "nappy hair"?

Its only an insult if a white person uses it, just like blacks call each other "n***er" or "dog" and that's OK but not if an outsider says it. White people used it up to about the 60's to imply the nappy-haired one was ignorant. After that the Afro became fashionable, the bigger the better. Report It



What exactly is "nappy hair"?

ungroomed %26amp; unkept hair.



What exactly is "nappy hair"?

A really cr*p afro.



What exactly is "nappy hair"?

unstraight hair I think.



There's nothing wrong with it.



What exactly is "nappy hair"?

I'm not totally sure but I think messy. Thats all I can think of. As for me I just don't care about that old goat b/c I've never heard of him and he's just another old goat who gives opions on a radio station I don't listen too.



What exactly is "nappy hair"?

I think it is like the dog's hair, if you give a shaggy dog a bath and the hair becomes all lumped together in balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment