Thursday, July 30, 2009

Why do Black women have a problem with nappy hair?

The Black ladies that I know who choose to wear their hair nappy/natural get no respect from Black ladies who choose to patronize the beauty shop regularly for the perms, weaves and braids. Black women themselves think nappy/natural hair is unattractive. If they didn't, they wouldn't invest so much into altering it, would they? Why are they so offended by Imus saying "nappy headed"? They seem to have more of a problem with the"nappy" part than the"hoes" part. They would rather die than to be seen with their natural hair. They think those crazy, overstyled, extension hair-dos look better than their own hair. Perhaps this is where Imus got the idea to use "nappy" as a negative.



Why do Black women have a problem with nappy hair?

hmmm I like natural hair and relaxed hair, I was natural , now I am relaxed and thinking about going natural again. I don't have a problem with it I think natural hair is beautiful



Why do Black women have a problem with nappy hair?

They think he was teasing them and referring to their hair as ugly. Heck, he DID say "Nappy headed" and "hos" in the same sentence as if they were somehow related.



I do agree that black women need to love their hair and stop ruining it. I'm going back to my natural hair soon because I'm sick of this straightening. It's expensive and damaging and I don't know why anyone does it anymore!



Why do Black women have a problem with nappy hair?

who knows and who the hell cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment