Sunday, July 26, 2009

I have curly/frizzy/nappy hair, I want it straight; How?

Okay my all time dream is to have straight black hair with bangs going over my left eye. %26amp;I want them permanently straightened. Is that possible (without damaging my hair)? I also want my hair thinned out, because when I wash it, it gets extremely frizzy %26amp; nappy. Btw, I'm African American/White. When I DO 'flat iron' my hair... I do it with a straightening comb. But when I do, the heat draws up %26amp;later my hair is puffy. I don't want that! I want to walk out into the misty air with straight hair. Gosh, I seriously need advice. If you know a stylist in LA, near 90660-90302 and/or you can list great examples of conditioners;relaxers;%26amp;Straightening irons. Plus I have graduation coming soon reply back. Please %26amp;Thanks.



A style of bangs I would like:



http://www.hrhairstyles.com/SideSweptBan...



http://www.nicole-richie.ws/about-nicole...



http://www.connectstores.com/wigsrusltd/...



Please give detail.



I have curly/frizzy/nappy hair, I want it straight; How?

You can chemically straighten your hair, but one piece of advice is to make sure that this is really what you want. After this process there is no turning back, but if you straighten your hair every day it would be worth it.



You really can't do chemical treatments on your hair without a little damage. My best suggestion to you is to find a salon in your area that uses opti smooth by matrix. It is one of the best chemical straighteners I have found. Another bonus to this straightener is that it leaves the hair soft and silky after the treatment with minimal damage. Unlike some other straightener I have used that leave the hair feeling dry, Brittle and in need of deep conditioning treatments. This is one of the more expensive permanent straighteners, but like I tell everyone when it comes to your hair you get what you pay for. Good Luck!!!



I have curly/frizzy/nappy hair, I want it straight; How?

i`m half black %26amp; half white.



my hair isn`t nappy but it was really curly.



%26amp; i got a texturizer.



you should get one.



it makes your hair more manageable and easy to straighten.



as for the bangs you need to take a picture to a salon and ask them to do it for you.



i have those bangs.



i just showed my stylist a picture.



good luck %26amp; hope i helped =]]



I have curly/frizzy/nappy hair, I want it straight; How?

get it permanently straightened. :).



I have curly/frizzy/nappy hair, I want it straight; How?

I'm white, so I'm not sure if this will work on african american hair, but I use conditioner and mix some honey in with it when I wash my hair. You rinse it out and it doesn't leave your hair sticky or anything, but it makes your hair cuticles lay down, so there's less frizz. Honey, it works for me EVERYTIME! Plus, investing in a high end flat iron, like a CHI is WELL worth the money....plus they last forever if you take care of them. CHI is all I use....I will never go back to using a regular flat iron again....I highly recommend it.



I have curly/frizzy/nappy hair, I want it straight; How?

Here are a few hair sites that offer great advice for growing healthy and long hair. blackhairmedia.com my favorite and longhaircare. You may find the answer to your hair problems. Be careful with the heat it can damage your hair.



I have curly/frizzy/nappy hair, I want it straight; How?

see if a hairdresser would suggest a relaxer.



I have curly/frizzy/nappy hair, I want it straight; How?

You should go to a salon and get your hair relaxed and ask them for the flat iron or straightening comb they recommend you use. I ask my salon hair stylist what is a good flat iron I can use for everyday great hair styles and she said to get Andes Ceramic flat iron you can get at your local walmart or store that sells hair products.



I have curly/frizzy/nappy hair, I want it straight; How?

Wow. Thats all the things I EXACTLY want to do to my hair.



Perm Straightened



Thinned



And Side Bangs



Dont you just admire those peoples hair who are like so straight and shiny..



gees,



you can go to a salon and get a *relaxer* or a *perm straigthen* they cost a lot though and they damadge the hair.



But I say, Do whatever makes you happy =)



If you really want to straighten you're hair( I know I am and I am getting all those things done for my grade 8 graduation) go for it. They are pretty costly. They also have Japanese hair straigthen techniques where they straighten it REALLY well and also deep condition if you want which makes if shiny and really nice.



Check this link out as well: http://www.magicyellow.com/category/Japa...



Hope I helped =)



I have curly/frizzy/nappy hair, I want it straight; How?

if u want straight hair then u are going to damage either way. i know a girl who straightens er hair every day and now her hair is all split ends.



if your born with curly hair then its going to be really hard to get it straight. u try herbal essences starightining shampoo and straghten your hair after.



I have curly/frizzy/nappy hair, I want it straight; How?

I have those bangs , and I love them .



Anywhoo , go to a shop , get a relaxer . Then , when they clip your ends , tell them that you want bangs , and show them a pic . Or , if there is an Egyptian beauty shop near you , go to them . A good affordable flat iron for black hair is Gold n Hot



I have curly/frizzy/nappy hair, I want it straight; How?

Hi. I think you should use a straightener. Its an appliance like a curling iron, but it has flat plates. There are different ones ranging from cheap to expensive. The one I have is from Conair. Its a curling iron/straightener in one and has setting from 1-25 and turbo(really hot). I only use it for special occasions, which is like 3-4x/year (that one's good in my opinion). I keep hearing Chi is good too, but since its expensive and I rarely straighten my hair, I'd be wasting my money since it will be collecting dust!



If you permanently straighten hair, remember its a chemical. Most people I've known with chemical perms and straighteners have always had problems due to hair breakage, loss, thinning and traction alopecia. So if you really want my opinion, those arent good in the short or long run. I dont know if you really want your hair thinned out because most would kill for thick hair, trust me. You gotta appreciate your hair or else you will always be in bondage with it.



I can give you tips and websites for your hair type. Go to www.motowngirl.com for natural hair care and www.growafrohairlong.com for the crown and glory technique. There's a shampoo method that has tamed my frizzies and hair. I'll give you the short version. When washing hair, first put into some big loose braids. Apply clarifying shampoo only to scalp or hair will feel very dry (only shampoo 1x/week). Massage scalp and rinse out, but DONT MANIPULATE YOUR HAIR AGGRESSIVELY! Squeeze braids if shampoo gets on it. When applying conditioner, take 1 braid down, apply it and smooth until tangles come out (or you can use a wide tooth comb, I dont). Braid back, do to all other braids. Wash out by squeezing braids. You could leave a little bit of conditioner for that soft feel.



When drying hair, DONT USE A TOWEL! It'll cause frizzies and tangles. Squeeze out some water, but still leave wet. Apply an ample amount of moisturizing cream to hair (I use whipped cream from curls.biz) and braid back. Do same thing to other braids and braid back. You can spray a leave-in conditioner in your hair to moisturize more. Let air dry. You could take it out and leave it, straighten it, style it. When I straightened it, this is what I did. It was more managable.



I use products with less chems/none designed for curly hair, but straight can use also. Here are list of websites.



www.curls.biz - I use their whipped cream, curls milkshake, hair ecstasy deep conditioner, quenched curls moisturizer. I have their euphoria elixir for hair straightening.



www.qhemetbiologics.com - used their sidr butter balm to moisturize hair when dry



www.honeyfig.com



www.blendedbeauty.com



www.kinky-curly.com



www.janecartersolution.com



www.longlovelylocks.com



www.gnc.com - shampoos %26amp; conditioners



www.vitaminshoppe.com - natural hair shampoos %26amp; conditioners



www.naani.com



www.aubreyorganics.com



www.sistasplace.com



These are the ones I know. When straightening, get a heat protectant that will give your hair a nice shine too. You also need a good deep conditioner to use w/heat to deep condition hair. Do this 1x/wk or 1x per 2 weeks, whatever you prefer. Dont straighten your hair everyday or often. You WILL be sorry when the damage is done.



Hope this helps you. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment