Friday, July 24, 2009

Nappy hair,how do i straighten it?

i have nappy hair, i just took some twist that i got put in about 2 weeks ago and i wanted to know the best way to straighten it



i already washed my hair with head %26amp; shoulder conditioner and my hair is well...nappy again. anyway i wanted to kno what should i do get a relaxer perm flat iron or is there something i can buy to straighten it, i dont really want to get a relaxer or perm or use a flat iron (im so picky %26gt;.%26lt;)anyway tell me wats best to use plz



thx u



Nappy hair,how do i straighten it?

I am a African American woman who has natural hair.



Really there is no way to really straighten your hair outside of using some kind of chemical (relaxer, or texturizer) or using a flat iron or pressing comb to get the desired results.



I heard about the Japenese straightning system but heard that it's really not for kinky hair (black hair), but I have never tried it for myself per I heard that it lasts for 6 months and breaks the outer layer of the hair strand down. To me that's almost as bad as a relaxer (my personal opinion).



What grade of hair do you have? 3c or 4a or 4b?



Maybe you should think about using a shampoo and conditioner that will make your hair manageable such as any of the IC products (www.fantasiahaircare.com) or Suave Sleek and Smooth which is a spin off of Matrix in the orange bottle.



Also, the summer is the most discouraging season for a black person with "natural hair". I suggest you wait till it gets cool outside and go visit a professional cosmotologist.



The flat iron is probaly the best way to go, but you have to know how to use it, so that it does not damage the hair (please do not do this yourself). But remember, don't make this a habit - probably consider doing this, no more than twice a month. Also, add a good deep conditioning once a month and put a satin cap on every night for good hair health. I know this is not the answer you hoped - but I hope you will take this advice, if you do find the right conditioner for your hair and go to a trusted cosmetologist, then I think you will be happy and you will have healthy hair.



I hope this helps you... Good Luck... : - )



Nappy hair,how do i straighten it?

Well you've pretty much covered your options except for blow drying it straight. Or you can get a texturizer, but that's kinda like a light relaxer.



Girl below me, we call that a flat wrap here :-)



Nappy hair,how do i straighten it?

i would reccomend a ceramic flat iron, but thats not the only way.... depending on the length of your hair, there are two things that you could do. if its short, you can use a dubie, i dont know if its called the same thing in english, but you wrap your hair around your head, add alot of oil and spritz if you want and go to bed.... wrap it in a bandana so it doesnt frizz... when you take it out in the morning, dont brush it, just add some more oil and use your hands to make a flat iron effect. you gotta wrap it tight though or it wont work.... if yr hair is longer than shoulder length, you can just add lots of oil and spritz, and like before, do the flat iron motion with your hands. i hope that helps!



Nappy hair,how do i straighten it?

wet your hair, apply a soft gel and wrap it around your head. Im being serious, you will wake up with straightened hair.



Nappy hair,how do i straighten it?

Hey, washing your hair with head and shoulders without conditioning it is not a good idea. I am sure that you have stripped it of any moisture and you need to put it back in. I use Cream of Nature conditioning shampoo, but others swear by Pantene. Go to the local beauty store that specializes in Black Hair care and they will be able to direct you.



As for straightening it, any of the above methods work but unless you take great care of it everyday and go to the salon at least every two weeks, you can really damage it.



Straightening it is great but when it rains or it gets humid well...you already know.



There is a product that I got once called a "caramel treatment" which made my hair manageable, not straight, until I washed it again.



My hair is currently "twisted" using Janet Afro Kinky Bulk "24 which has never damaged my hair at all. When I took it out after 2 1/2 years, my hair had gotten so long and I could not figure out what to do. Because of that I had major damage and after 2 years of mistreatment, I had to put them in again. The next time I remove them, I will have to go to the salon every 2 weeks.



"Twisted"



Nappy hair,how do i straighten it?

Ok, so I have naturally nappy hair too. Not to worry though, I don't tend to get my hair straightened offen only when it is time to get my ends trimmed. I don't think I will ever put a relaxer in my hair ever again but if you really want it to be really straight then I suggest you go to a salon like Fantastic Sam's or something, that way the can treat it before the put that much heat on your hair. If you don't want to go to a salon then the only thing you can really do is use a diffuse to blow dry it and comb it out as straight as you can. I really like wearing my hair out curly and I bought this stuff from Sally's that is the best for all types of hair textures. It is called Noodle Head and it is in an orange and purple bottle. For best results I use the shampoo and conditioner and the spray as well as the conditioning hairdress. While my hair is still wet I part it into small to medium sections and twist it. Depending on how much time I have, I either dry it using low on the blow dryer or let it air dry. Once my hair is dry I pull it apart with my hands and it comes out as a real textured fro, real curly and it has a lot of definition. You may wanna try that, I am sure it will come out great. Good Luck with the whole NAPtural look... Rock it!!!



Nappy hair,how do i straighten it?

what do you want to do w/ your hair? You don't have to relax your hair to make it straight unless you are looking for something permanent. I know you said you didn't really want to use a flat iron, but that's really the best way to straighten hair. To start w/ I would highly recommend that you use shampoo and conditioners for your hair type, that is the foundation for a beautiful hair do. If you are still indecisive go see a stylist.



Nappy hair,how do i straighten it?

Embrace your natural hair. Use S Curl, Surge Plus 14, Carefree Gold any good moisturizer and then oil it with wildhairgrowth, olive, almond, jojba, castor oil to seal in the moist.



Why are you using head and shoulders? Try a moisturizer shampoo and conditioner. Do deep conditioning with Olive Replenisher Pak. Your hair loves to be mositurized.



Wear braids, two strands twists, bantu, afro puffs.



If you don't want to use any of the items to straighten your hair then, hey stay natural.



Nappy hair,how do i straighten it?

Head and Shoulders is way to drying! I have been natural about three years and although hair dressers don't recommend it Pantene relaxed and natural has worked best. All soft by Redken worked well too. Oil on the scalp helps too. You can blow it straight. Leave straightening to pros until you watch and ask enough questions so your hair wont get stringy and dry and start breaking. Conditioning rinsing daily is a must. Never comb it dry. I also like Royal roots moisture glaze if, I can't get to the water. It works very well but I can't seem to find it too often anymore. So I made a concotion that works pretty well...after moistening the hair with water I mixed Nexxus humectruss, Moisturology Infuisium leave in and Botanical oil in my old royal roots bottle till it was sprayable and it worked just as good. no scientific measuring but it does work just as good. I have noticed deep conditioning treatments before trying to straighten hair work wonders! Sit under the dryer to get it all the way to the cuticle though, just wash and rinse in the shower won't cut it.



Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment