Friday, July 24, 2009

HELP!!! What to do with my nappy hair?

I'm black and i have really, really course and thick hair (bad, bad hair). I get relaxers but every single time i was my hair even right after a relaxer, its very poofy and i must straighten my roots with a hot comb and flat iron the rest. The first week after a perm i just have to flat iron but after that i must do both. When i wash my hair i cant roller set or style it b/c it turns into a big puff. Most of the people in my family have really good textures or its ok, i have the worst hair in the family . I've used the entire line of Joico products in the brown bottle ($84 dollars for all), Aveda reconstuctor products,($90 for all), ion reconstructor, doo groo, pantene pro-v for women of color, nioxin supplements, hair formula 37 supplements ($80 a month). I wash, deep condition, use a reconstructor, leave in conditioner on my hair once a week. I also mositerize. I am just fed up with my hair is there ANYTHING i can do to change the texture of my hair.



HELP!!! What to do with my nappy hair?

You can get mad at me but a little history lesson. "Nappy" is a word used in the past by Europeans to put black people down and make us hate our African characteristics. Obviously they accomplished something with you.



Natural hair is really in and sexy might you know. But if you wish to embrace other so-called beauty characteristics then here goes.



You are over processing your hair girl. You are spending all of this money on these products. Just go to a beauty shop that specializes in black hair at least once a month. Have them to clip your ends, deep condition it, relax it as need. Without a relaxer this should run you about $55



depending on your location. At night wrap your hair or dry roll it and tie it up with a satin scarf. A "dry roller wrap" can last weeks! you should need to add heat too often. Don't forget to wrap it!



Good luck young lady.



P.S.



what the heck is good hair?lol @ you. You have not a clue girl



HELP!!! What to do with my nappy hair?

man, you shoulda asked this before i put all that relaxer in my hair now i want my natural hair back Report It



HELP!!! What to do with my nappy hair?

I understand that some of us like the way our hair bounces after a perm but not all African American hair types can hold a perm without the hair breaking off. There are beauticians who can press your hair to appear as if it's permed. And try using products made by Hairrobics, or Vonte. Report It



HELP!!! What to do with my nappy hair?

I'm not black but I would say since you're self conscious about you're hair you should try putting in extentions/tracks



HELP!!! What to do with my nappy hair?

Leave your hair as it is. every thing you have is just wasting your money. what you should do is buy shea butter and apply it to your hair after washing it and then the next day hot comb it.If your hair turns out dry buy olive oil it is hair food that provides a lot of oil to your hair.



HELP!!! What to do with my nappy hair?

Consider braided styles. Also, do you know what your natural hair texture is like? If it's so "tough" it might do well if you let the relaxer grow out and go natural. My hair is natural but it doesn't handle humid/hot weather well. But maybe yours would.



HELP!!! What to do with my nappy hair?

Isn't this kind of a racist question? Imus got in trouble for describing a black woman as "nappy headed" if I remember correctly (he got in trouble for the other part too, but everyone was saying the nappy headed part was racist) so isn't saying "nappy" when talking about a black woman kind of like using the N word?



HELP!!! What to do with my nappy hair?

I would agree with the last answer about extentions . i have very thick curly poofy hair and the longer i grow it the weight seem to weigh it down and its more manageable. so maybe extensions would help weigh it down and in the meantime just mosturize like you have been. Good luck iwas fed up with my hair for years.



HELP!!! What to do with my nappy hair?

Why are you so fed up with your hair? If the perm isn't working, try a stronger one or leave it in a little longer. Oh yeah, by the way, there is nothing wrong with the texture of your hair. Don't allow media and the european standard of beauty allow you to think that you have "bad" hair. The hair you think is horrible is the perfect hair for locking but I don't think you're in that frame of mind yet.



When I had a perm, Parnevu was very, very good. It last long too.



HELP!!! What to do with my nappy hair?

The only thing that will change the texture of your hair is a product called lye wihich is a very strong and very hrash chemical dont use its its almost just as bad as having your own hair. in know you think there is nothing worst then your own hair trust me there is. learn to embrace your napps girl love em, but until you get there try some human hair braids you wont have to fuss with your real hair and you can still do anything with them.



HELP!!! What to do with my nappy hair?

MY LIL sister has very course but good hair .... I Have very COURSE HAIR%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt; ( ITS NAPPY AS WELL) you should try leave in conditioner and apply it everyday to your hair it should soften it up a bit but there is no way to change the course of ur hair ON RELAXER THAT I USE IS CALLED ORGANIC ROOT STIMULATOR I DID WONDERS FOR MY HAIR :)



MY LIL SISTER HOWEVER JUST THROWS WATER,AND CONDTITIONER :) and she's set ..lol



me it takes a whole bunch more..lol :)



HELP!!! What to do with my nappy hair?

First of all there is no good hair bad hair fo us, There are great styles for for all textures of hair. Try some hair forums such as naturally you is one that comes to mind for me, No one can change the texture of their hair in a healthy way but we can get great ideas from various groups where members are faced with how to manage the hair we have.



HELP!!! What to do with my nappy hair?

im black too so i can relate to this .. get a better flat iron .. thats "ceramic " like the sedu or the chi those work well with coarse hair .. wash and condition your hair and use a heat protector .. or just get extensions or braids ..



HELP!!! What to do with my nappy hair?

YOU SHOULD WEAR IT OUT NATURAL!!!!!! there a really good detangler called "soff'n free" and you put it in your hair while it's wet then use a wide toothed comb and it will comb right out.If it can work for my head it can work for you. Or just wear it in braids



HELP!!! What to do with my nappy hair?

Please, don't refer to your hair as nappy, your hair is kinky. Nappy is a degrading and rude term use to put down African American features and traits. I think you are over processing and over styling your hair a bit to much. Remember, African Americans have delicate and sensitive strands of hair, so the more you use harsh chemicals and treatments the more it becomes brittle and dry. Honestly, find one set of products that work specifically for you and find a hairstyle that is soft and natural. India Irie said it best, "We are not our hair", don't spend tons of money or try to change your hair. Love you and find your own hairstyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment