Friday, July 24, 2009

How the HECK do i get my hair straight?

okay i've done like 203943242 questions about my hair but whatever. i have NATURAL, NOT permed african hair. its not too nappy though. i can easily run my fingers through it when it's wet, and it has visable tight curls, not just a big kink ball. but anyways, i'm trying to get it pin straight and flowy so that it actually moves, and shiny. please give me a STEP BY STEP detailed but simple (if possible) on how to do this. i really want it to move, be lightweight, shiny, and just really nice. not greasy AT ALL. i'm willing to use rollers, i have a really good tourmoline straightner, just please tell me the secrettt.



How the HECK do i get my hair straight?

Hey there! I've had a hard time learning to straighten my hair as well, but I finally learned how:



First your hair needs to be dry, maybe a little damp. Once you are ready to straighten, grab hair product ( to help tame frizzes, I use Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine weightless anti-frizz serum. Apply one to two pumps worth evenly through your hair, if done correctly, it should make your hair soft, not greasy. If it feels greasy or oily then you've put in too much.



If your hair is still damp, blow dry the remaining moisture out of your hair. Once it's dry, pull all of your hair back into a side ponytail, and with either a comb or a pencil, pull out a small section of hair to straighten. Using a flat iron, preferably ceramic, take the section of hair you pulled out from your ponytail, place it between the two plates of your flat iron as close to the root as you can without burning yourself, holding the hair taut. press the plates together with the squeezable handle, and hold for no more than 2 seconds, with the hand holding your hair taut, release the hair, and use it to press down more on the flat iron, so that you have one hand on the handle, and one on the other end with the iron plates. Slowly pull the iron down the entire length of your hair. (You should not press your hair with the hot iron for more than 3 seconds at any given time or else you could damage your hair.) You may repeat on the same strand if necessary. After you are done with the first section of hair, repeat the process with another section.



I hope this helps!



How the HECK do i get my hair straight?

go and get a japanese hair straighten at a salon



How the HECK do i get my hair straight?

Try a CHI straightener



How the HECK do i get my hair straight?

there's no secret. u use a straightener on the bottom peices of ur hair then, you use them on the rest of ur hair. but u have to do it peice by peice, i do it every morning and it's fab-u-lous



How the HECK do i get my hair straight?

you have to straighten it in layers...



its really hard to explain..



How the HECK do i get my hair straight?

relax it :]



How the HECK do i get my hair straight?

My hair is the same. I can't do anything with it, I only put it up everyday:(



What you can do is go get it permed, that's the only way I know because hot irons don't work on my hair. It becomes curly again in like 20 minutes. The only way I know is to get it permed at the salon. I haven't done that because it's expensive, but maybe you can. Good luck..



How the HECK do i get my hair straight?

Dude.... dry the hair on a round brush outward. Section it into little pieces. Take one of the pieces and run a HOT straightening iron through it SLOWLY. Continue on all the sections on your head. Then spray. Good luck!!!



How the HECK do i get my hair straight?

its too much work, to keep our hair the certain way we want it too. but i think you should go get it straightned .



or you can get this pretty expensive hair straightner, it works! and will be delieverd to you in a day or 3. i am going to buy it when i have enough money ;)



here is the link. by the way it costs $70-$80.



http://www.folica.com/Solia_Tourmalin_d1...



this one is expensive also.



http://www.folica.com/Sedu_Ionic_Cera_d1...



How the HECK do i get my hair straight?

Pin your hair up and starighten it layer buy layer you can also use staright hair shampoo and starighting products they help with keeping it staright also.



How the HECK do i get my hair straight?

Relaxer!



How the HECK do i get my hair straight?

Put the stop layer of your hair into a clip and straighten your bottom layer until it's pin straight. Let down your top layer and straighten that, but dont make it completley straight, if you want it to move. Brush out hair, spray hairspray on your hand and run it through your hair. This should work. Good luck!



How the HECK do i get my hair straight?

hmmm.....try applying moose when it is wet and run a comb thru it - not a brush- while it is wet....u can also try doing this while blow drying it.



if that doesn't work...invest in going to the salon, you can prolly get a reasonable price for a simple stying...be sure to pay attention to what the stylist does and ask as many questions as possible.



How the HECK do i get my hair straight?

well just straghten it or have it straightened in a salon. use gel for shiny hair. and use garnier fructis sleek and shine shampoo for the lightweight thing.



How the HECK do i get my hair straight?

Unless you want to do all of this physical work every day of blowdrying and straightening it with a flat iron (which is all very hard on your hair) I'd go get a relaxer put on it. That might be hard on your hair too, but not an every day beating like heat styling can do!



I know its annoying to keep getting it "relaxed" just like some white girls who would love curlier hair have to go get it "permed" its probably the same kind of chemicals.



Either that, or learn to appreciate your pretty curls and put some gel on it and be a curly girl!



Good luck!



How the HECK do i get my hair straight?

get a straighener at a drug store for cheap



How the HECK do i get my hair straight?

My advice is to use that straightener of yours. But you should get some spray so the heat doesn't fry it, because that will make it look reaalllllly nappy. Clip most of it up, an take it down section by section, straightening it on probably a little higher than medium heat. I Hope this works for you, but if it doesn't, I hope you find somethign that does!



How the HECK do i get my hair straight?

if you have african hair i assume you have a blow comb on your hair dryer? if so, get some straightening balm and put it in your hair while its wet. blow it out with the comb as straight as you can and MAKE SURE to get as close to the roots as you can! once dry if you are against using oil at least get come spray sheen and spray it on before flat ironing. get your flat iron as hot as you can (your can take heat, its ok) and the secret is to work in small sections. start at your nape (hairline at your neck) and work with about 1/4 inch pieces. go from bottom to top never getting any thicker than 1/2 inch! it may take a couple of passes on each strand to get it completely straight. if done right it can take up to a couple hours so do it at night then wrap your hair (i assume you can do that too) and sleep on a silk pillow case if possible. in the morning unwrap and brush into the style you want...it will be gorgeous! GOOD LUCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment